So you have a guy, and now, the objective is to keep him. Here’s some helpful advice. The following items have not been ranked in any order. These are things that’ I’ve gathered from experience, from myself, or friends etc. Here are the things that you can do to keep things going steady and to make sure he’s stays into you.
1. Give Him Guy Time: There is nothing like male bonding. It’s the bases for the male existence. Allow him a some time to spend with the fellas. Watching a game, playing a game of basketball, poker, a night out on the down, the Star Wars convention, or a round of paintball. Let him have his “Buddy time”. Fratnizing with the boys, is how we adapt socially to a lot of things. It’s our comfort zone. It helps us functions, it sorta ties in with #2.
2. Bolster Masculinity. Hey, guy’s egos are fragile and they break easy, right DM. Sometime he just needs a little boost, especially from the love of his life that he’s doing a good job. A reminder that he’s doing a good job, with being the “MAN” in the relationship. Simple comments or just a pat on the back will do the trick. You’d be surprised how far ” I’m glad I have you to walk me to my car” can go.. Trust ME. The more we feel like a man, the better, even when we are wimping out.
3. Cook for Him. Guys love it when someone cooks food for them. I mean seriously, who doesn’t. Being creatures of laziness, we will never turn down the chance to eat food, especially free, especially, home-cooked. Above all, we love to eat, even the skinny ones. Fix his favorite dish, or surprise him completely with a nice little meal, or maybe just a snack, after a hard day. Hopefully he’ll return the favor too!!
4. Rub/Play With His Hair. Seriously, this has got to be one of the most relaxing things in the world.(Okay, maybe this is MY personal preference, hehe) Guys appreciate a girl that will, take the time to play with his hair, or any other soothing place on his body(keep it clean folks). It’s the little things like these, that we remember, that we hold special.
5. Invest Time In What He Likes. Usually guys have a special quirk, or guilty pleasure that they like. Some like Sci-movies, or video-games, sports, or maybe puzzles or riddles, or making home movies. Take the time once in a while and show interest, and even pretend if you have to. Even is you can’t bring yourself to do this, then simply don’t give him a hard time about liking these things. I had a buddy, once, a football player, real huge tough guy, but he enjoyed painting. His girlfriend almost made him feel ashamed for painting. It was just a horrible situation. Support your guys, and they will support you back.
6. Don’t Compare Him to Other Guys: This stems from the ego. Please don’t compare your guy another guy. Don’t say things like, “Why can’t you be more like”.. Especially don’t do it in front of the guy that you are comparing him to. He might not show it but, comments like these really get under a guy’s skin. If there are things that you would like your guy to improve on, there are ways to suggest these things, without embarrassing him. Be kind, be stern, be subtle. We will eventually get the hint.
7. Make Good With His Friends: Okay, seriously. This is great advice. If the the relationship is just starting off, by all means, try your best to make sure his close friends like you, and if he has roommates, they take top priority. Personally right now I’m in a situation where my room-mate’s girlfriend, wouldn’t speak to me, when she was around the apartment. It caused a bunch a friction, and I confronted my room-mate on the issue. Look, guys are somewhat easily pressured and persuaded by other guys, especially friends. If you can’t make it with the guys, you’re going to be fighting the uphill battle. We will ragged and you tear you down, to the point where your guy will almost feel bad about dating you. Sometimes we do not show mercy. We aren’t jealous, that you’re taking him away from us, but you have to know that YOU can’t just blow us off, when you’re around.